Focus on Collaboration for Workforce Development in Clinton County, Ohio
17 Apr 2023
Workforce challenges are familiar to employers nationwide, but in Clinton County, Ohio, customized solutions are developing out of collaboration. Clinton County Port Authority is working with its partners and stakeholders to meet the employment needs of local industries and businesses through the Clinton County Workforce Collaborative.
The Clinton County Workforce Collaborative
The Workforce Collaborative was launched two years ago by the Clinton County Port Authority, OhioMeansJobs Clinton County, Southern Ohio Educational Service Center, and the Wilmington-Clinton County Chamber of Commerce. The Workforce Collaborative seeks to pool resources and make them readily available, all while reducing duplicated efforts and shifting the conversations toward actions.
“We know that access to talent is a top concern for employers, whether they are businesses who already call Clinton County home or businesses considering a new location here,” said Ruth Brindle, Workforce & Data Specialist with the Clinton County Port Authority. “That’s why the Clinton County Port Authority has taken such an active role in the Clinton County Workforce Collaborative. By facilitating the formation of partnerships between employers, educators, and service providers, the Port Authority is helping to create a strong talent pipeline for current — and future — employers.”
Clinton County Job & Community Resource Fair During In-Demand Jobs Week
The Workforce Collaborative is sponsoring the first annual Clinton County Job & Community Resource Fair. Doors open to the public on Wednesday, May 3, 2023, from 4–7 p.m. in the Expo Building at the Clinton County Fairgrounds, 958 West Main Street, Wilmington, Ohio.
The fair is Clinton County’s contribution to Ohio’s In-Demand Jobs Week, May 1–5. This annual event celebrates the jobs, industries, and skills vitally needed in the state. Ohio’s top jobs that stem from career-focused education and the various training paths available to Ohioans are spotlighted.
The job and resource fair is free and open to all. Over 30 businesses have registered from more than a dozen industry sectors, including Advanced Manufacturing, Aviation, Banking & Finance, Education, Healthcare, and more. In addition to employment opportunities, community resource agencies will be present to address barriers to employment, such as child care and transportation.
Contact Wilmington-Clinton County Chamber of Commerce at 937-382-2737 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Ohio TechCred Program
Ohio businesses and industries can also find assistance through the TechCred Program to meet their workforce needs. Ohio's TechCred Program gives employers the chance to upskill current and future employees in today’s tech-infused economy. Employers who submit successful applications are reimbursed up to $2,000 per credential when current or prospective employees complete eligible technology-focused credentials.
Many of the training certifications can be completed online and take a year or less to complete. It’s a win for employers and job seekers alike.
More Information about the Clinton County Workforce Collaborative
Each of the following organizations brings its own unique skill set, network, and outstanding personnel to the initiative to serve together as the primary steering committee leading the Workforce Collaborative.
- Acts as the lead Economic Development agency for Clinton County to attract jobs to the area while retaining existing jobs.
- Owns and manages the Wilmington Air Park, an integrated aviation and logistics business park and major regional job hub.
- Supports alignment of workforce investment, education, and economic development.
- Provides services to job seekers, youth, and businesses to increase employee retention and earnings.
- Provides opportunities for skills advancement and post-secondary credentials.
- Serves as the lead for the Clinton County Business Advisory Council.
- Provides resources to assist the Clinton County Workforce Collaborative in addressing the mission of the Collaborative.
- Supports alignment with the organization’s vision of “Leading with innovative solutions for student and community success.”
- Actively shares members’ job listings with thousands of contacts in our business and community networks.
- Serves as an advocate for our 300+ Chamber members.
- Sits on numerous business and advisory councils and committees.